Your ebike is automatically under warranty for 2 years, with a 10 year frame warranty.*
What does the warranty cover?
Civilized Cycles provides this limited warranty to all purchasers of The Civ to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the original date of purchase, with the following exceptions:
What does the warranty not cover?
This limited warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear not the result of a defect in materials or workmanship. Components and conditions not typically covered include but are not limited to:
- Tires, and tubes.
- Brake pads and brake rotors
- Chain, chain sprockets, freewheels and cassettes
- Control cables wear or breakage (shift cable)
- Corrosion due to exposure to elements encountered during reasonable use
- Paint and/or finish deterioration
- Damage due to misuse and/or abuse, accidents, stunt riding, racing, or other unintended use
- Damage due to improper repair and/or maintenance and the installation of parts and/or accessories not approved for use by Civilized Cycles
- Damage to the electrical system due to unauthorized modification and/or through the use of a battery pack, battery charger or other electrical components not provided by Civilized Cycles
- Damage due to unauthorized modification of pre-programmed firmware, software and/or control parameters in the motor controller and/or suspension controller
- Damage due to any adjustment, operation, service, or repair not specified in assembly, use, maintenance and service instructions provided by Civilized Cycles
- Labor is not reimbursable under the Civilized Cycles Limited Warranty.
The Civilized Cycles Limited Warranty extends from the date of purchase, and is offered only to the original purchaser and is not transferrable.
Does the warranty cover the battery pack?
The Civilized Cycles battery pack is covered by a prorated warranty for a period of three years:
- During the first year of service (based on the date of purchase), a defective battery pack will be repaired or replaced at no charge to the customer
- During the second year of service, a defective battery pack will be replaced for 1/3rd the cost of a new replacement battery pack
- During the third year of service, a defective battery pack will be repaired or replaced for 2/3rds the cost of a new replacement battery pack
- This prorated battery warranty will be null and void under the following conditions:
- The battery pack has been damaged due to physical misuse and/or abuse by accident, exposure to excessive moisture, extreme heat, cold or harmful chemicals
- The use of any battery charger not supplied by Civilized Cycles
- Unauthorized opening or tampering of the battery case
- Service not performed or authorized by Civilized Cycles
- Modification of pre-programmed firmware, software and/or control parameters in the battery management system
- Use of the battery pack for any application other than use in The Civ electric bicycle and to power a USB device via the integrated USB ports
NOTE: Non-functional batteries can only be diagnosed by Civilized Cycles or by a designated battery repair shop. Batteries will be repaired or replaced on an exchange basis.